The old Harbour

The old harbour is found in the left side of bight. There exist the old Deposits of Transit  that build in the 1834-1839 with government owned expense, drawings of J.V. Erlaher and with help from Vilhelm fon Vailer. The building of is total length of 122 m. and is separated in two wings. In each […]

Read More »

Loukoumi

Delight of Syros – Loukoumi "A SWEET HISTORY IN SALTY WATERS OF AEGEAN"  Origin:  from Small Asia-Istamboul. Name:  Loukoumifrom the Turkish word lokum and is characterized, pastry from sugar and starch.  In the Syra reached the art of his creation with the first refugees from Chios, is said, that the first cauldrons entered the 1832. […]

Read More »

Saint Nikolaos

The temple was founded in 1849 with drawings of G. Mataxa, and it was inaugurated officially in 1870, without has been completed the internal decor.  In form of cross, he is placed in a courtyard with marbled parapet and railing. It belongs in the press royal.  Scale of height of 4 m. leads to the […]

Read More »

Miaouli Square

The Miaouli Square, that is found in small distance by the harbour of Ermoupolis, is one from the infrequent in Greece squares 19th century and be today the heart of city, the place of evening walk, the obvious point of meeting for residents and visitors.  The initial name, "Othonos Square", was given to price of first […]

Read More »

Vari

The time wraps and whispers in his embraces the  life in Vari, in south-eastern utmost in the Bight with the characteristic tower that creates medieval atmosphere or in Fabrika and little before in Azolimno and in Santorinious with graphic cafeterias, the taverns and the hotels. The seal holes with the Aspronisi opposite, they assemble apart […]

Read More »

Poseidonia

Poseidonia is in the gardens and in the pines, maintains houses that created the first genuine Greek urban class of Ermoupolis, the 19th century. Samples, large houses with rich decor, the orthodox temple of Saint Jone with statues of G. Veltsou and C.Petrokokkinou, work of respectively G.Vjtali and G.Mponanou, the club with oldest perhaps in […]

Read More »

Piskopeio

After the establishment of Hermoupolis (1830), Episkopio became a holiday resort where the merchants of Syros had their cottages built. It is the closest to Hermoupolis holiday resort and one of the greenest areas of the island.   The road to Piskopio passes from the hill Sklipi where one can see the estate and the […]

Read More »

Parakopi

Leaving Pagos, one notices that the landscape changes. Reaching the settlement of Parakopi, one can see pine trees, pistachio trees and fruit trees, well kept gardens and wells. Impressive cottages and small stone towers among the trees indicate that the area had been inhabited by the high class of the island during that period.

Read More »